Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 10:26:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Assembled the new machine yesterday

It is:

	ASUS P55T2P4N motherboard, with 512k of cache
	AMD K6-200
	32MBytes 60ns parity RAM
	Two IBM DCAS-32160W ultra wide SCSI drives
	ASUS SC-875 (NCR 875) ultra wide SCSI controller
	Kingston DEC 21041-based ethernet card

I installed 2.2.5 on it yesterday.

I've had it doing "make world"'s throughout the night.  It is averaging
about 1h53m for them, in multiuser mode.  /tmp is a 32MByte MFS filesystem;
/usr/src is on sd0, and /usr/obj is on sd1 and mounted asynchronously.

I'm very much impressed with the speed of the system, obviously :).
(Another machine I have here takes 1h30m just to build the *kernel*.)

After the current make world finishes, I'll try "make -j 4 world".