Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:00:49 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        mallison@konnections.com (mike allison)
Cc:        joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu, scrappy@hub.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commercial, Non-Hacker CD Distribution - A thought

mike allison stands accused of saying:
> Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
>
> > Why is a BSD-specific port so important?
>
> Because there are some fundamental differences with what will run on BSD
> and what will run on Linux when the dust settles.

Well, gee and I and all the other people that have worked to get SO
happening on FreeBSD are just so so impressed with your confidence in
our abiltities to make it work.

The Linux ABI emulation has progressed, and the linux_lib port has
eveolved specifically to _ensure_ that valuable commercial
applications will work.  If you think that we are blind to the need
for this, then you are more incredibly stupid than I had ever
imagined.

Please, cut it with the fantasizing in public.