Date:      Mon, 27 May 1996 21:15:22 -0500
From:      skat@misha.net (Shin Katsumata)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, www-security@ns2.Rutgers.EDU
Subject:   emailing from chroot to non-chroot

I'm running Apache server on FreeBSD in chrooted environment. Everything
seem to be running, but I am having problem running a form processing CGI.
The CGI uses "sendmail" to send the information to an email account. The
program works if httpd is running in the non-chrooted environment. I
believe problem is with sending a email from chrooted environment to
non-chrooted environment on same machine (since this machine is not
connected to internet yet, I cannot test to see if I could email to another
machine from chrooted environment). My question is what mail processing
program could I use to send email from chrooted to non-chrooted
environment? If I should use "sendmail" how should it be configured on
chrooted and non-chrooted enviroment? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Shin

Shin Katsumata
email:  skat@misha.net
www:    http://www.misha.net/~skat/index.html