Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 07:48:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        des@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   fetch: transfer timed out

Hi,

I've noticed a few of these recently.  This suggests that fetch is
exiting with zero even though the transfer timed out.

===
>> nkf171.shar doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/.
>> Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp.ie.u-ryukyu.ac.jp/pub/software/kono/.

68456 bytes transferred in 1423.0 seconds (48.11 Bps)
fetch: transfer timed out
>> Checksum mismatch for nkf171.shar.
===

If fetch reports success, bsd.port.mk will go to the verify checksum
stage; otherwise, it will go to the next site.  Since it didn't go to
the next site, I assume that fetch returned zero.

I'm not sure if it started recently or I just haven't noticed before.
If you have something in mind and a specific time frame you want me to
look into, I'll dig into the logs.

The full log is at:

  http://bento.FreeBSD.org/errorlogs/errorlogs/e.4.2000112815/old-errors/ja-nkf-1.71.log

Satoshi