Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:52:46 -0500
From:      "Rouzer, Charles A (Chuck)" <car@vitalit.com>
To:        <freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sharing fules within a cluster

    The configuration you provided is not like the configuration I discussed
with Greg in regards to using Vinum to mirror between machines.  He agreed
this should work using Vinum as a software mirror for iSCSI and I assume
local shared SCSI:

HostA harddrive1 is mirrored with harddrive1 on HostB.
HostB does not mount harddrive1 and start HostAs applications until HostA is
determined down hard.
HostB harddrive2 is mirrored with harddrive2 on HostA.
HostA does not mount harddrive2 and start HostBs applications until HostB is
determined down hard.

At the moment I have not investigated mirror syncing and recovery procedures
for this type of  fail-over cluster.