Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 15:29:17 -0700
From:      Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.COM>
To:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI again:  Asus SC200 vs. Adaptec 2940

Thanks to all who responded to my question about the Asus SC200.
Thanks, especially, to Rod, for a detailed explanation that clarifies
(for me) how PCI interrupt handling works.  Rod, I will contact you
off-line in the next month or two to see if we can purchase future
systems from you.

A follow-up question, that I hope is of general interest:  how does
the SC200 stack up against the Adaptec 2940U?  The SC200 is quite a
bit cheaper; at what point does it make sense to spring for a
higher-end SCSI host adapter (assuming the 2940U is higher end)?
Some systems I build are clear candidates for the SC200; on others
(multiple disks + a DAT drive, e.g.), I'm not so sure.

Thoughts, anyone?

Jim Shankland
Flying Fox Computer Systems, Inc.