Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 18:53:44 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Alec Aakesson <aakesson@EAST.ISI.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, aakesson@isi.edu
Subject:   Re: UTC

Alec Aakesson wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way for me to set the date/time to
> Universal Coordinated Time [and also the suffex].  I have tried useing
> /stand/sysinstall, as well as /usr/sbin/tzsetup, but no luck.  I used to
> beable to find GMT, but it dose not seem to be available any longer.

ben@lithium:~$ locate UTC
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/UTC

I think all you need to do is:

# cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/UTC /etc/localtime

You may also need to restart any programs (e.g. daemons) which were
started before the change, if you want them to use the new timezone
(maybe they do automatically, I'm not too sure).

--
Ben Smithurst            | PGP: 0x99392F7D
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk |   key available from keyservers and