Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:29:48 -0400
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        se@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, kedar@asacomputers.co
Subject:   I2O (Was Re: Q:PCI bridges-extenders supported)

> > This is an I20 board.  Do not expect it to work with FreeBSD
> > just yet.
>
> Are there any publicly available specs ???
> I2O docs are hard to get access to ...

I2O is not publicly available.  Just a few days ago, I exchanged
some email with Michael LoBue, the executive director of the I2O
SIG.  I was trying to find out what the terms and conditions of
I2O spec were; I didn't want the spec itself.  I was told that I
had to sign an NDA and pay $250.00 to find out.  This price
included the I2O spec along with the terms and conditions.  The
$250.00 let you have the spec for 3 months, after which you are
expected to pay the remainder of 1 years I2O SIG membership.  If
you don't become a member, you have cannot use any information
in the I2O spec and have to return or destroy any confidential
information in the spec.

I didn't get the spec.

For more info see http://www.i2osig.org

Dan Eischen