Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 18:19:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, "David K. Phinney" <dphinney@dowco.com>
Subject:   Re: tele-boot device

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, David K. Phinney wrote:

> Hi, I saw your posting in freebsd-isp and was wondering where I may be
> able to get one of these 'tele-boot' devices?
>
> Thanks for any possible help,

Since there has been a couple of people asking, here's the info and a
better explanation.

USA Communications Corp
493-9 Johnson Ave.
Bohemia, New York 11716
(516) 244-6851

The model 450 is what I discuss here.  Sorry I don't have a price, I
think it was in the $300 range, but I could be way off either way.

It's a box that looks like those under-the-monitor power control consoles
with 5 outlets on the rear, and 6 switches (one for each outlet, and one
master), but it has a pair of phone jacks in the back.  A phone line goes
into one of them, and the other can go to a phone or whatever, though I
don't know if the whatever can take calls (I think so, but we use
dedicated phone lines to avoid busies).  You can then use any phone to
call into the box, give a 4 digit security code, then the 5th digit tells
the console which of the 5 outlets to power cycle (power stays off for
about 15 seconds).