Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 23:19:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Subject:   Re: HP 4080i as both CD and WORM?

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Yes, those are kind of annoying, I agree.  Wouldn't it be permissable
> to simply loop, say, 5 times with a slight delay each time and if the
> drive is still returning UNIT ATTENTION (reported as "Target Busy", I
> assume?) simply gobble it and try again, or does the fool thing assert
> UA continuously until something else happens?

The UA happens only once.  The driver was supposed to catch it, but
apparently i've got it wrong.

> > frequently asked question is about the Yamaha devices.  Jordan, could
> > you bug Yamaha to release their SCSI reference manual to us, even
> > though we cannot promise them any sales figures and other $%!@?
>
> I will try.  We have a couple of them here (the quad-speed ones)
> so I can probably say "Hey, we're Walnut Creek CDROM, we have
> some of your drives, and we NEED the frimpin' tech specs!" :-)

Yeah, do it!  Poul-Henning was already askin'...

> > It misses code for ``disk at once'', and my Plasmon doesn't even seem
>
> I'm afraid that I don't quite know what is meant here?

You could write all track of a session at once, without intervening
track gaps.  Important for audio CDs (to avoid longish pauses between
the tracks).

--
cheers, J"org