Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 22:53:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
To:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.1 or 3.0 bootdisks hanging.

	I'm still having problems.  I have a machine that is only
somewhat happily running NetBSD-1.2d (somewhat happily in that I'm
having problems with the serial drivers)... so I have been attempting
to convert it to FreeBSD.

	However, both the 2.2.1 and 3.0 bootdisks that I've tried have
the same problem: they hang at the end of the configuration (after the
zp driver).  Is there any way I can get the kernel to provide more
information so that you fine people may be able to help me with this?

	The machine is a 386/40 with a VESA IDE controller.  The only
other card is an ISA 1 meg VGA card.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |