Date:      Mon, 08 Aug 2005 01:02:57 +0100
From:      Jayton Garnett <jay@codegurus.org>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gyach 0.9.8 bug

Hello,

Today I found a bug in the yahoo chat client gyach.
It is not a major bug for most people, but for those who wish too
add custom smileys it 'can' be.

There are two ways around this.

in ~/.yahoorc/gyach/emoticons you add a line like this:
:!m  finger.png

and you place finger.png in /usr/X11R6/share/gyach/smileys

The smiley will not appear in chat, the first work around is too rename
finger.png too a two digit/letter name like 65.png or j1.png etc etc

But there is another fix for this that the author of gyach emailed me.

<snip>

If you want to edit the source to fix this, you can edit util.c and
look for this:

void convert_smileys( char *str ) {
    char tmp[4097];
    char sm_code[10];

Change sm_code[10]; to be sm_code[211];  That should allow filename
lengths that are allowed in other places.

void convert_smileys( char *str ) {
    char tmp[4097];
    char sm_code[211];

<snip>

Just in case you want too change the source code too correct this 'bug'

Cheers,
Jayton Garnett