Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:46:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with source_rc_confs

Hi,

after the update of my rc scripts (~a month ago if I remember correctly)
to use source_rc_conf it didn't boots as expected. E.g. it didn't starts
anything from rc.i386. I had to source rc.conf* manually in rc.i386.

Other misbehavior:
 - didn't set the defaultroute
 - didn't start ntpd/lpd
 - portmap gets started (set to NO in rc.conf)
 - didn't activates the TCP extensions (it explicitely deactivates
   them, this is the default from /etc/defaults/rc.conf)
 - uses default sendmail flags

I tried to source rc.conf* in rc.network and I merged rc.conf.local with
rc.conf, but no success.

I'm trying to solve this by myself since a month, but I have no clue
what the problem is (and which info to provide (perhaps the output of
the rc scripts with "set -x"?) to let someone else solve the problem).

Anybody out there who knows what to do?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            0 and 1. Now what could be so hard about that?

http://www.Leidinger.net                  Alexander+Home @ Leidinger.net
  GPG fingerprint = 7423 F3E6 3A7E B334 A9CC  B10A 1F5F 130A A638 6E7E