Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2012 14:12:07 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Alexandr Alexeev <afiskon@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: `pkg_add -r mongodb` failed

--------------enigF62CE14AE0CEF19CA534A019

On 21/10/2012 13:46, Alexandr Alexeev wrote:
> Thanks!
>=20
> BTW, MongoDB port has the same error:
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>  Installing for mongodb-2.0.6_1
> =3D=3D=3D>   Generating temporary packing list
> =3D=3D=3D>  Checking if databases/mongodb already installed
> =3D=3D=3D> Creating users and/or groups.
> Using existing group `mongodb'.
> Creating user `mongodb' with uid `922'.
> pw: user 'mongodb' already exists
> *** Error code 74
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mongodb.
> *** Error code 1
>=20
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/mongodb.
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>>> Installation of mongodb-2.0.6_1 (databases/mongodb) failed=

> =3D=3D=3D>>> Aborting update
>=20
> Terminated
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this comman=
d line:
>        portmaster <flags> databases/mongodb
>=20
> How should one report errors in such cases?

In this case, I'm afraid it looks very much as if the problem is local
to your system, and nothing wrong with the port itself.  As the
databases/mongodb port uses the generic mechanisms for handling USERS
and GROUPS it's likely that if there was a problem with the
databases/mongodb port, then you'ld be seeing similar problems with any
port that uses the same mechanism.  There would be an excess of
complaints from many users that would be hard to miss.  No such
complaining has been observed.

In short: something is wrong in the password database on your system
specifically, which is causing the installation of databases/mongodb to
throw errors.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20