Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 19:10:22 -0700
From:      "Nick Popoff" <cryptic@bloodletting.com>
To:        <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: linux.com misconceptions

I wrote the Linux.com folks complaining about how badly done that=20
comparison was, and recieved this response within a few minutes:

------------

	I'm very sorry the 'OS Comparisons' article prompted the reaction
it did.  We have had a number of readers react strongly to the portrayal
of *BSD in Phil Hughes' article.  When racing to build content on
Linux.com, we solicited articles from a number of sources; we did not =
try
to promote any agenda in our content, only offer an unbiased look at =
Linux
from as many perspectives as possible.  VA Research did not in any way
influence the specifics of the content on Linux.com and will not do so =
in
the future.=20

	Clearly, we need to revisit the 'OS Comparisons' document.  More=20
than likely, we will revise the article and include a footnote =
addressing=20
your concerns and the concers of others in the UNIX community.  I very=20
much hope that you will revisit Linux.com and pardon our oversight.

	Sincerely,
	James Byers
	jbyers@linux.com
	Linux.com Sr. Developer