Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:34:07 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <Daniel.Bye@uk.uu.net>
To:        'Mark Hummel' <mhumm@ispchannel.com>, 'Peter Ulrich Kruppa' <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        FSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Can't get into /sys directory ??

What Uli means is that the sources are not always installed in /usr/src.
You can choose not to install them.  What happens if you do ls /usr/src?

Remember that the target of a symlink doesn't have to exist - it is just a
pointer to another location on your disk.  If the target doesn't exist, then
you won't be able to cd to either the real target, or to the symlink.  If
you still get "No such file or directory" in response to ls /usr/src, you
need to install the system sources distribution.  /stand/sysinstall will get
you there.

If, otoh, /usr/src exists and has files in it, something weird is
happening... :o)

Dan