Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:47:33 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with source_rc_confs

On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 09:46:04 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:

> after the update of my rc scripts (~a month ago if I remember correctly)
> to use source_rc_conf it didn't boots as expected. E.g. it didn't starts
> anything from rc.i386. I had to source rc.conf* manually in rc.i386.

Could you run mergemaster again to make sure you didn't botch it last
time?

Currently, /etc/rc pulls in rc.conf variables with source_rc_confs just
after checking for a diskless environment, i.e. before doing anything
else.  The variables sourced should exist in the environment of the
sourced shell scripts as well.

Ciao,
Sheldon.