Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 14:07:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIO problems

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
> > OK, I *really* think something is funky with the serial drivers in
> > 2.1.5.  I'm getting really good results most of the time, but the # of
> > overflows I'm seeing concerns me.
>
> Strange - my ISDN gateway box (which just uses at TA at 115.2Kb, so
> there's a lot of traffic) is a 2.1.5 box and it's worked just fine
> ever since the upgrade - no overflows at all with my 16550A UART.

Is your ISDN gateway box doing *anything* but route packets?  My gateway
box was running a 28.8K modem link to the net (it's got a 56K Frame line
now) so whenever I downloaded at home it took a huge hit w/out problems.
But, it doesn't do anything but route packets so it never has a problem
since it's the *only* thing running on the computer.  It's hard to get
overflows when the only processing the computer does are serial/network
interrupts. :)

Nate