Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 2020 00:13:03 +0100
From:      Marc Lehmann <schmorp@schmorp.de>
To:        "Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.c.bell@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD asking contributors to fix their opinions - is it official?

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 09:34:55AM -0500, "Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.=
c.bell@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://metacpan.org/changes/distribution/Canary-Stability as cited on
> https://www.freshports.org/devel/p5-Canary-Stability/ figuring I'd see so=
me
> personal opinions.  I found a lot of them.  I strongly agree with the
> adamw@freebsd.org that they don't belong in the port.  (Some of the
> extraneous "opinions" are citations of fact meant to call attention to yo=
ur
> concern about some issue that isn't germane to the port itself -- I'm
> referring to these, as well).
> It doesn't really pass the smell test when you claim to not know what he's
> talking about.

Your mail unfortunately adds nothing to this discussion - you produce more
hot air, but again nothing of substance.

It would be more productive if you pointed out specific examples of what
you think does not belong into the module, and what, and why FreeBSD as a
project asks this from upstream authors.

I think it is unreasonable to expect me to guess what you complain about
when you can't even bring up a single specific example (or even refuse, as
adamw does).

=46rom what I can see, you can't even agree with adamw on this - he seems to
criticise the contents of the module, you seem to criticise the Changelog
(which is what you quoted - but this is of course just a guess, as you
won't tell).

This is important - you seem to claim that personal opinions are not
allowed in FreeBSD. Do you also complain about every GPL copy (which
contains personal opinions)? Whats the reasoning behind this rather
insane-looking rule?

In any case, I think I ahd a reasonable question and I am trying to
discuss it in a reasonable way. That's not something I can say of
you: Your mail does nothing to solve the problem, it only adds more
unsubstantiated claims.

--=20
      -----=3D=3D-     _GNU_              http://www.deliantra.net
      ----=3D=3D-- _       generation