Date:      Mon, 4 Dec 1995 14:24:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Herve.Bigot@sycomore.fr (Bigot Hervi)
Cc:        freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

>         We desperatly try to compile a new kernel of FreeBSD 2.0(
> distributed by InfoMagic on CD Rom), following the procedure shown in the
> FAQ. Even when we use the 'MINI' configuration file, the compilation aborts
> at linking. The end of messages after the beginning of the compilation is:

>         kern_systcl.o:Undefined symbol '_hw_float' referenced from text segment
>         *** Error code 1

What *platform* did you try to compile it on?

> Our PC is not Intel-based but Cyrix M7 486DX2/66, can it be the source of
> the problem ??

Oh.  Intel.  Those of us on the platforms list don't find Intel very
interesting, except as a reference port for validation.

Let's see, I'm betting you took out the "device npx" line from your
kernel config before you ran "config' on it, so you don't have an
entry point for floating point in hardware or emulation in software...
am I close?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---