Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 15:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Billy Thompson <billy@idiom.com>
To:        Chris Silva <ras@interaccess.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD - Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Enlightenment & other themes

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Chris Silva wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> 	Ok, so far I've corrected my launching of Enlightenment, and the XDM
> problem I had.  Can someone tell me of how to use any other theme
> other than DEFAULT (for now, I've renamed one to DEFAULT) OR, point me
> to a FAQ on how to launch other themes.
>
> 	I've visited www.rasterman.com - but there is not much there as far
> as help goes.

The first thing you want to do is download some themes.  I know Aliens and
Bovinity have no problems running under release 0.13.  Themes are either
in a tarball or a gzipped tarball.  You do NOT need to untar OR unzip the
themes, but you can if you want to make loading faster.  Put these theme
files in either the Enlightenment homedirectory under themes or under you
own home directory under .enlightenment or something like that, again in
the themes directory.  I prefer Enlightenment's home directory on the
system cause if you have multiple accounts on the system everybody can
read them.  In your .xinitrc or .xsession you launch enlightement.  The
way to specify a theme is 'enlightenment -theme theTheme'. I'm completely
sure, but I think that -theme is the right option.  'theTheme' will be the
complete name of file without any path.

ex.
Download Bovinity;
Put Bovinity in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/enlightnment/themes/
edit .xinitrc -> 'enlightenment -theme Bovinity'

-billy