Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 08:22:45 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        ipazarbasi@usa.net
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/20175: Unknown Ethernet Card

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 06:42:00AM -0700, ipazarbasi@usa.net wrote:
> Simply, FreeBSD does not recognize Netgear FA310TX and Macronix 98715A serie ethernet cards. if you want to receive
> the screenshots please inform me. I did not find any information concerning these cards from their vendors' web sites.

This is simply untrue. The Netgear FA310TX uses a Lite-On 82c169 (or Macronix 98715A) which is compatible with the dc
driver. The older Netgear cards were Tulip based and used the de driver. I would try to resolve your irq issues and then try
the mentioned driver, I know these cards work, I have 5 of them. I would remove the pccard controller from the Visual Boot
config when you're installing FreeBSD unless your machine has one. This should resolve the irq conflict.