Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:05:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

On 14 Nov 1999, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

> "David Schwartz" <davids@webmaster.com> writes:

> Before the fuss over Microsoft's bundling IE with Windows, I always
> considered ftp to be part of the operating system.  On Windows *and*
> Unix.  And try as I might, I can't see a difference between that and a
> browser, other than historical accident.

Little prevents you from sticking in your own replacement for ftp(1),
though.  I think I would use editors as the example.  Every OS I have used
has shipped with some text editor.  Every unix I have used has supplied
ed(1), but don't keep me from installing vi, or emacs, or anything else.
For the mot part, they don't claim that things won't work as well if I do
install a third party editor either.

David Scheidt