Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:40:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Editors

Relatively old newbie, here (though it sometimes doesn't seem like it).

I'm doing a manuscript that in the end should be a plain ASCII file(s).
The end result needs to be double spaced with 1.5" margins in case it's
ever necessary to actually print it, (unlikely but possible) and page
numbering is essential.

Corel WP takes on auto formatting and trashes the file on saving as
plain text, vi requires returns or it just runs off the page, and
if ee fits the bill I have no clue, after looking at ".init.ee"
how to help it do it.

Any suggestions for an editor?

ML Duke