Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:00:02 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        "Trevor B. Sullivan" <TSullivan@baxterwoodman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh/tcp: bind: Address already in use

{ At this point I include the standard newbies@ disclaimer that
the subject is better suited for the questions@ list .... }

Trevor B. Sullivan wrote:

> I'm having this same problem with the same version of FreeBSD(5.2.1). I
> only noticed it after I enabled the sshd daemon. I haven't modified much
> of anything, so I don't see how I could have caused this...would be
> happy if someone had a solution. :-)
>
> Trevor

Hmm, are you running sshd from inetd as well?

sshd(8) is enabled by adding:

     sshd_enable="YES"

    to /etc/rc.conf.  It is started at bootup
and it seems likely that running it from inetd
as well would cause an error message such as
the one(s) you are describing.

Kevin Kinsey