Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:54:46 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Mikel King <mikel@ocsinternet.com>, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        jdarnold@buddydog.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Apache 1.3.26 port

At 06:56 PM 6/19/2002, Mikel King wrote:

>Two suggestions from my own experience with working with Apache...kick the default conf and driectory tree to the curb.

I just tried to build 2.0.39 on a 4.5-p4 system from the Apache tarball, letting it use its default directory (/usr/local/apache2). It wouldn't run; it kept complaining that it couldn't find /usr/local/etc/apache2/mime.types, even though that path was not in Apache's standard tree at all! Not sure what is going on here. Any ideas?

--Brett