Date:      Wed, 06 May 1998 16:22:13 +1000
From:      Craig Wilson <craig@natsoft.com.au>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE

I am currently using FreeBSD 2.2.2-RELEASE in several commercial sites,
ie running companies accounting and point of sale systems. I have
found FreeBSD 2.2.2 very stable, however would like to use 2.2.6.
I am not in a position to use CVS or to make worlds etc, because
of the number of commercial sites I have, approx 25, some of which
are required to run 24 hours a day, I simply install from CD-ROM,
apply a few patches, and then leave the computer alone.

Could somebody please tell me whether the fixes to the following problem
reports made it into FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE, and if they did not make
it what the fixes are, and whether the problems are serious and need
fixing. Also are there any other problems that should be fixed with
FreeBSD 2.2.6-RELEASE before putting it into a commercial situation.

kern/4844 VM lookup, endless loop in vm_map_lookup_lookup_entry()
this PR was closed on Apr26 1998

kern/6258 VM lookup on kernel map........
this PR was closed on Apr26 1998

Thanks in advance for any information supplied.

Regards Craig Wilson
National Software Pty Ltd