Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:34:33 +0100
From:      Andrea Campi <andrea@webcom.it>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jim Bloom <bloom@acm.org>, "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Panic from Yesterday's CVSup

> ISA bus cannot share interrupts at all.  Full stop[*].  Most
> pccard/cardbus bridges operate in a mode where they use ISA
> interrupts, so cannot share interrupts at all.  The hardware just
> won't work if you try.  NEWCARD tries to kick the cardbus bridge into
> full PCI mode, where you can share interrupts, since all the
> interrupts are going through the PCI hardware chain which does support
> interrupt sharing.

Thanks for expressing in a proper way what I was trying to say ;-)

Will try again with cardbus and report. So are you saying it SHOULD work
(as far as my chipset is behaving, I suppose)?

Bye,
	Andrea

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler