Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 02:53:58 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@FreeBSD.org>
To:        itojun@iijlab.net
Cc:        jomor@ahpcns.com, mburgett@awen.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPSEC tunnel without gif?

>> >The gateway that received the pings was transmitting ARP
>> >requests but strangely, it was trying to get the hardware
>> >address of the other tunnel endpoint rather than that of
>> >the router in the middle. Since the ARP requests were never
>> >answered, the ping response was never transmitted.

itojun> 	so you are seeing ARP for tunnel inner addresses?

itojun> http://www.kame.net/dev/cvsweb.cgi/kame/kame/sys/netinet6/ipsec.c.diff?r1=1.84&r2=1.85

itojun> 	should fix the above issue.  not sure about freebsd merge status.

Since it seems no feedback from the originator of KAME PR 233, I had
been suspended to merge it from KAME.  I just committed it.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/netinet6/ipsec.c.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/