Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 2003 01:47:24 -0600
From:      "Michael C. Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ibm s31 freezes with any card device

Hi,

  I have an IBM s31 running 5.0-current.

  With December 15th,2002's 5.0-c, the system runs fine with newcard
  on all the card devices I have (noname modem card and Lucent Gold Wavelan)

  With 5.0-R and the latest 5.0 cvsups, the system freezes whenever
  I initialize the card with wicontrol -k xxx , wicontrol -n foobar
  and wicontrol -e 1.

  As soon as I enter wicontrol -e 1, the system freezes without any
  response.  I cannot drop to ddb.  It is similiar to an IRQ flood.
  ps ax|grep irq does not show a wi0 device anymore.

  Inserting the modem card does the same thing.

  Sometimes if I close the lid, let acpi suspend, and open the lid back
  up without the card in, it _sometimes_ functions completely normal
  again.

  I have ruled out acpi because when I turn acpi off, it still does the
  same thing.

  Everything else runs fine on the system, firewire, fxp0, usb, etc.

  Ideas anyone?

  Regards,

--
Michael C. Wu	keichii@{ iteration.net | FreeBSD.org | ece.utexas.edu |
			  iis.sinica.edu.tw | ntugene.ibs.ntu.edu.tw }