Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/20175: Unknown Ethernet Card

The following reply was made to PR kern/20175; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To: ipazarbasi@usa.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 16:29:20 +0200

 On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 06:42:00 MST, ipazarbasi@usa.net wrote:

 > I tried many combinations inside the Network Configuration Menu, which
 > can be reached with booting from setup CDs or Diskettes, however,
 > I could not achieve any solution for that. And this card always
 > conflicts with PC Card Controller device which is located at interrupt
 > 10. The name NetGear FA310TX in your "Supported Hardware" list,
 > however, there is not any compatible device in the list of hardware.

 The driver you should be using seems to be dc(4), for which the manual
 page claims support for:

 	o NetGear FA310-TX Rev. D1, D2 or D3 (PNIC 82c169)

 You shouldn't need to activate / deactivate anything in the kernel
 configuration to get the kernel to probe this device, because it's a PCI
 device.

 Could you check your dmesg(8) output and see whether it detects dc0?
 Better yet, send the dmesg(8) output as follow-up to this PR by mailing
 it to <freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG>, taking care to preserve the
 subject line of this message.

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.