Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:06:59 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@freebsd.org>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Creating a PAN with Thinkpad R51, Samsung D500 and iPaq RX4240

On 04/23/07 13:53, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> On 4/23/07, Sh4d03 <mlists@shadow-security.net> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Ultimately I want to be able to connect my Laptop, PDA and Mobile
>> together to share/synchronise appointments and contacts - the usual guff.

[..snip..]

>> When the journey is over I'll be documenting and posting to my website
>> what was necessary to get to where I wanted to be with Bluetooth, my
>> phone, my PDA, my laptop and FreeBSD.
>
> sigh... i wish people would stop putting freebsd/bluetooth stuff onto
> their own web sites and instead put it info the freebsd handbook.
>
> thanks,
> max

Putting it into the handbook means editing the SGML and submitting a
patch (if it didn't, then doc/src committers would just get the data
from the web page and check it in, right?).  Most of the people writing
up docs are writing them because they took notes, and simply converted
the notes to html, often using a blog or wiki, which is a zero-brain
usage activity.  That's important because these aren't people who are
kernel coders, etc, they are just trying to make something work, usually
a 'utility' feature like syncing a device, making a ppp connection, etc,
which they are doing for its function, and don't really have a lot of
interest in making FreeBSD doc pages.

I'm not saying I disagree, I'm just saying the person documenting it
really should be someone who enjoys doing doc work (like the
freebsd-doc@ team I suppose), or the maintainer of the code.

The user has done the painful work, now someone with SGML foo should
finish it and thank the user for writing it up at all.

Eric