Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 20:47:02 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sys/net/bridge.c IPFIREWALL & DUMMYNET?  WTF?

Any reason that the IPFIREWALL and DUMMYNET code is present in
sys/net/bridge.c?  It appears that it makes a number of bad assumptions
and in general violates the semantics of 'bridging' vs. 'routing'.

Should we even encourage people to use this functionality?  Do we really
want bridge.c to have its own private IP stack?

Should this code be diked out before 4.0 so we don't expose the masses to
it?

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |