Date:      Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:08:51 +0930
From:      Benjamin Close <cisbjc@cs.unisa.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell problems - vesa/at rage128

parv wrote:

>in message <20020622213812.21005.qmail@web13403.mail.yahoo.com>,
>wrote bob smith thusly...
>

>>I get the errors:
>>
>>'module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (vesa, c1323d04, 0)
>>error 6'
>>
>>with VESA, SC_PIXEL_MODE, and pseudo-device splash
>>compiled in.
>>
>>'module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (logo_saver, c1321a58,
>>0) error 19'
>>'logo_saver: no suitable graphics mode'
>>
>>If I try and use the daemon logo_saver.
>>

>um...i am feeling warm & fuzzy knowing that i am not alone; i have
>dell inspiron 5000e w/ ati rage128 mobility blah blah.
>
>on the bright side, if there remains any, our kernels could be
>smaller in size, thus more ram for ram hoggers.

Under current acpi allows the vesa module to load correctly and hence
the splash screen works.
However, I've never been able get it working under non acpi kernels,
vesa refuses to load as it can't find the display modes.
All this on a i8000, ATI Rage 128 Mobility

Cheers,
    Ben

--
3D Research Associate                            +61 8 8302 3669
School of Computer and Information Science       Room D1-07, Levels Campus