Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2007 00:28:16 +0100
From:      deeptech71@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to run root cmds when starting xorg?

Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:24:49 +0100
> deeptech71@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> From: deeptech71@gmail.com
>> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>> Subject: how to run root cmds when starting xorg?
>> Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:24:49 +0100
>> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>>
>> how do i exec a kldload script when starting ttyv8 kdm (or xorg) ?
>
> modify the xorg or kdm  startup script?

Xorg's xinitrc is a user script. Or does one of the X server or client thing
start as root? If so, which script runs? xinitrc didnt work..
"...../kdm -nodaemon": exactly which one (if any) executed as root?

> why do you need such thing?

I want to load sound support only when in a desktop environment, and
auto-disable it when moving back to a console. That is, I need a script that
loads sound when starting, and unloads when exiting kdm.