Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 15:32:59 +0100
From:      "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        Frans Haarman <frans@haarman.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation [was Re: Hello]

On 28 May 01, at 13:12, Frans Haarman wrote:

> On Monday 28 May 2001 12:46, you wrote:
> > On 28 May 01, at 11:58, James wrote:
> > > The Packages can be a pain in the *rse...although sticking with
> > > stable has rarely caused problems...One thing I still haven't got to
> > > grips with on FreeBSD is an upgrade, (4.2 to 4.3 for example) To be
> > > honest I haven't needed to attempt it yet but it looks horrible ! :-)
> >
> > Before I start installing FreeBSD *again* has anyone tried installing
> > without using the graphical installation program on the boot up
> > floppy?
> >
> > I wondered whether I would have more control over the installation
> > process.
> >
> > Stuart.
>
> There is a non-graphical installation ?
>
> One could installworld on a new harddrive and put that harddrive in your new
> box.

Ooo!  That sounds dangerous.

I might give it a try and see what happens.  My spare hdd is in my
present box and I plan to keep it there.  I will run two systems in
the one box.  I'll look up "installworld" in the faqs and Annelise
Anderson's book, then consider trying it with this machine.

I do not want to upset my primary drive again.

Stuart.