Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:21:22 +0600 (NOVT)
From:      nnd@mail.nsk.ru
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't "kldload" modules due to "symbol NDFREE undefined"

In <20000111113258.D630E1CA0@overcee.netplex.com.au> Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au> wrote:
> Charlie & wrote:

>> > Probably one of these is not up to date, or is out of sync. I had this
>> > problem yesterday when my modules were out of date. Please double-check to
>> > make sure..
>>
>> 	And what (apart from listed actions) is the best
>> method to establish "syncronization" of the kernel, modules and
>> kldload ?
>
> IMHO, add 'options COMPAT_LINUX' to your kernel and don't use the module if
> you are going to be regularly compiling the kernel and modules seperately..

	Thanks a lot for your advice(s) but on my CURRENT
box I compile kernel and modules seperately only in thouse
(rare enough) cases when one of them is broken.

	So, the problem is not in "out of sync" kernel
and modules. And besides of "linux.ko" the same problem
(i.e. kldload errror) have all modules with NDFREE reference -
ccd.ko, cd9660.ko, coda.ko, ibcs2.ko, ibcs2_coff.ko, msdos.ko,
nfs.ko, ntfs.ko, null.ko, svr4.ko, umap.ko, union.ko, vinum.ko, vn.ko.

	Can somebody with CURRENT system test 'kldload' some
of the above modules on his machine and post the results ?

	N.Dudorov