Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:26:24 -0500
From:      David McNett <nugget@slacker.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux compat [was Re: Linux not FreeBSD?]

On 16-Jun-1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Kiril Mitev <kiril@ideaglobal.com> writes:
> > > Is this the same Sybase that is *giving away* the Linux version of
> > > their RDBMS? Sheesh.
> > Yep.
>
> OK, so who's to stop us from hacking the linuxulator until Sybase
> works?

Sybase ASE for Linux runs just fine in linux emulation.  The current
license for ASE for Linux, however, specifically does not allow for this.

It is quite likely that this will not be the case for the next release
of ASE for Linux, although I'm not at liberty to discuss the specifics
of the situation.  Suffice to say, there is little need to petition
Sybase to change thier policy at this time, the relevant people at
Sybase are well aware of the needs of the FreeBSD community.