Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:11:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Jay Nelson <noslenj@swbell.net>
Cc:        Ataualpa Albert Carmo Braga <atabraga@iqm.unicamp.br>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JFS

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Jay Nelson wrote:

> >Please consult the mailing-list archives.
>
> Why? It seems like a reasonable question from someone who is familiar
> with AIX, using STABLE and new to the list. Maybe a helpful pointer
> would redirect the other people wondering the same thing.

It's a perfectly reasonable question, but one which has been answered
numerous times and just wastes everyone's time rehashing it unless there
is some exciting new development not yet in the archives. We have
mailing-list archives for a reason, and people are expected to consult
them if there's any nonzero chance the question might have come up before
(i.e. almost always).

New users who actually read the information about the mailing lists before
they subscribe to one will see the following:

Archives are kept for all of the mailing lists and can be searched using
the FreeBSD World Wide Web server. The keyword searchable archive offers
an excellent way of finding answers to frequently asked questions and
should be consulted before posting a question.

Perhaps we need to make this more prominent.

Kris

----
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man?"
"Eight!"
"That was a rhetorical question!"
"Oh..then, seven!" -- Homer Simpson