Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
Cc:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fsck hosed?

    Similar things happen to me... Also when I do an 'fsck -y' fsck will
    fsck each partition until it hits one with problems.  It fixes the
    problems, then exits (does not continue to the next partition).  I
    wind up having to run fsck five or six times to get it to fsck all
    the partitions (either that or I have to specify each partition
    manually).

						-Matt

:Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
:> Yes, I see that as well. Another symptom is that fsck -p now always
:> announces "unexpected inconsistencies" and drops back to singleuser when
:> it indeed was able to fix the problems, i.e. it marks the filesystem
:> clean and a manual fsck does not report anything unusual.
:
:Metoo: I have fsck_y_enable="YES" set and sometimes it'd announce
:"unexpected inconsistencies", sometimes it'd not, but it will always
:bail out to single user after it processes the first unclean
:filessystem. I then need to run fsck as many times as I have dirty
:filesystems (because it'll exit after it has cleaned one of them).
:
:Regards,
:--
:Michael Nottebrock
:"The circumstance ends uglily in the cruel result." - Babelfish