Date:      Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:27:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: error: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

 >> I just upgraded a system running 2.2.6 to -current (from 12/19) and
 >> sio1 is not found -- instead it gives the error msg:
 >>
 >> sio1: configured irq 5 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0

 Mike> irq5 is almost certainly not the IRQ on which you have sio1.  If the
 Mike> IRQ is wrong, the port may also be worong.  Check your config...

Actually, it is on irq 5 (This is an old EISA machine -- the config is
all screwed up).

I finally got the error/warning to stop, and the internal modem
working. Apparently, the main problem was that when setting up the pnp
information for the modem, I was giving it irq4 and port 0x3f8 --
which is sio0. This seemed to cause grief. When I changed it to irq 5
and port 0x2f8, it works.

Thanks
Viren
--
Viren R. Shah             || "I wandered lonely as a cloud"
viren@rstcorp.com         ||           -- WW