Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 1996 13:34:22 -0600
From:      jon@ctasim.com ("Jon Doran" )
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   MIB problems on current sup

I'm having a problem with networking on the current sup, well current as of
a few days ago.  Ifconfig cannot configure any interfaces, including loopback,
and there things stand.

Things work fine on 2.2-960801-SNAP, so the problem is more recent.  I swapped
the driver from SNAP in, but it didn't change anything.  Digging into the
problem more it appears that the data coming back from sysctl is bad.  If I
type "ifconfig -a", all the interfaces have null names.  I modified ifconfig
to print out the data, and nothing seems to make any sense, the call does
succeed however.

If this problem is being worked, great.  If not, I'll spend some time on
it.  I'm not sure who to coordinate with, so a few procedural pointers may be
necessary.  But I have time and equipment.

Jon Doran