Date:      19 Mar 2002 00:23:14 +0100
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: bsd.lib.mk modifications

Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> writes:
> libcrypto is already broken if it changes the object directory at
> install time (this breaks installing from read-only mounts of the
> object directory) ... its current beforeinstall target is obviously
> broken in theory, since it begins with
>
> beforeinstall:  openssl/opensslconf.h openssl/evp.h
>
> This should cause rebuilding of these headers in the openssl subdir
> of the obj directory if the sources are newer.  I think it does.

Yes, I'm trying to get rid of that...  the first step is to move these
two headers out of the openssl subdirectory, since make(1) has trouble
understanding dependencies and targets that involve subdirectories.
This breaks some non-buildword scenarii, though.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org