Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2006 02:01:51 GMT
From:      Dave <davep@dmwinc.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/93615: Operating system wont install.  Problem with fdisk.

>Number:         93615
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Operating system wont install.  Problem with fdisk.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
              I am trying to install freebsd 6 on a pc and it bombs trying to create the file systems.

pc summary:
Motherboard = MSI KT4AV
Hard Drive  = maxtor 6y080l0 80 gig hard drive.

Thats all i will list since this i have a feeling is where the problem is.

The errors I recieve are
(every time ive tried to install so far i get)
unable to make new root file system on /dev/ad0sla. Command returned status 36.

and

Unable to find device node for /dev/ad0slb in /dev.  The creation of file systems will be aborted.

I get an error stating that my hard drive dimensions arent right and ive tried everything from changing them manualy in the bios and setting them in fdisk to just letting it be and trying to install without monkeying with it.

Please help.

Thanks.
>How-To-Repeat:
              Try to install the O.S. again.