Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 09:38:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        reyes01@ibm.net, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Getting ready to help

On Fri, 17 May 1996, Michael Smith wrote:

> Francisco Reyes stands accused of saying:
> >
> > Some of the things I will need to know are:
> > - Is it ok if I send html? If sgml is prefered where can I get hold
> > of the sgml of the existing pages to change them and where
> > can I get references to coding in sgml.
>
> All the SGML for the handbook is in /usr/share/doc/handbook; that should be
> a pretty good reference to start with 8)

er, not quite.  That is the generated HTML (and ascii).  The
sgml source is /usr/src/share/doc/handbook.  It can be found at
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/doc/handbook/*

> > html pages. One possible way is to ask people to help us by
> > sending the data in a formated way so that I can write a small
> > program to parse it and create the html/sgml automatically.

We could even put a submission form in the web pages...

-john

== http://fallout.campusview.indiana.edu/~jfieber ================