Date:      01 Mar 2003 10:03:39 -0800
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hotspot in ports!  woo hoo!

Actually, I was confused becasue tomcat has a tomcat4ctl binary referred
to by the startup script which doesn't let you set any options to java.
This isn't really part of tomcat, it was added by znerd@freebsd.org  I
sent mail to znerd, who wrote it, and maybe he will add a config file or
enviroment variables or something.  In the meantime I can use the
startup.sh and shutdown.sh script as per the tomcat docs qwith
environment variables to test out the -server hotspot (boy does it start
slow!).

Thanks...

Mike H.