Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:04:04 +0200
From:      Allen Versfeld <moe@wandata.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Digi multioprt adapter

Hi.

I"m tring to set up a small BSD box as a dial-in server for a number of
users, using a Digi Acceleport Xem adapter, and an 8em attached giving 8
additional serial ports.

I have added the following lines to my kernel config, but am having
limited success.

device
	dgm0	at isa? port 0x324 iomem 0xd0000
options
	COM_MULTIPORT
device
	sio2	at isa? port 0x2a0 flags 0x701
device
	sio3	at isa? port 0x2a8 flags 0x701
device
	sio4	at isa? port 0x2b0 flags 0x701
device
	sio5	at isa? port 0x2b8 flags 0x701
device
	sio6	at isa? port 0x2c0 flags 0x701
device
	sio7	at isa? port 0x2c8 flags 0x701
device
	sio8	at isa? port 0x2d0 flags 0x701
device
	sio9	at isa? port 0x2d8 flags 0x701

When I reboot with this kernel, dmesg shows me that the dgm device
loaded succesfully, but none of the ports.  Since I'm rather new to
this, does anybody have some advice?
--
Allen Versfeld
Wandata