Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:03:17 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status on LS-120 drive support? (moving to chat...)

As Tom Samplonius wrote:

>   Plus, if these drives actually gain wide acceptance, it will really
> limit expansion:  you can only have 2 IDE busses, ...

Not to defend IDE (the so-called `standard' is really laughable, and
always makes me wonder why the heck most of the drives apparently work
at all), but who says you can have only two busses?

Of course, in the PeeCee world, it would require a vendor shipping
something like PCI boards for another couple of IDE busses, but the
thread was about non-PeeCees, so they might not opt to self-limit as
the PeeCee world did.

--
cheers, J"org