Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:03:55 -0500
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hang on reboot in 4.4-*?

HP Omnibook 6000 with kernel cvsup'd today goes into a weird hang on reboot
(immediately after "Uptime: " is printed) if pccard enabled in the kernel.

I've tried the config lines from GENERIC:

device          pcic0   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000
device          pcic1   at isa? irq 0 port 0x3e2 iomem 0xd4000 disable
device		card

and the ones from LINT:

device          pcic0 at isa?
device          pcic1 at isa?
device		card

as well as the following lines in /boot/loader.conf:

hw.pcic.intr_path=1
hw.pcic.irq=0

all make no difference.

Removing pccard from the config lets the laptop reboot just fine. I can still
'halt' the laptop and then cycle the power.

Any suggestions?

AS