Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 95 10:36 MEZ
From:      garyj@rks32.pcs.dec.com (Gary Jennejohn)
To:        hackers%freebsd.org@inet-gw-1.pa.dec.com

Subject: using procfs for debugging
--------

I never saw this come back from hackers, so I'm sending
it again.

> I found my old kernel tree that allowed me to control processes using
> procfs (being able to do things like have a process stop on events, and get
> information about said stopping).

> This is a real old tree -- I don't know how well it would go into 2.x...

> If someone is willing to port gdb to our procfs, I'd be delighted to work
> with you on it...

> Sean.
Well, since I added attach/detach to gdb using procfs, I'd be more than
willing to make a stab at this.

BTW J"org, I was planning to try and hack your mods into gdb-4.13 for
dyadic frames, but if you _really_ want to do it....:-)

Gary J.